CUESA (Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture) is dedicated to cultivating a sustainable food system through the operation of the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market and its educational programs.
CUESA is committed to conducting its business, programs, and market activities according to the following core values: sustainability, excellence, vision, and community. CUESA pledges to:
- OPERATE WORLD-CLASS FARMERS MARKETS THAT PROVIDE HIGH-QUALITY, NUTRITIOUS, AND SAFE PRODUCTS FROM LOCAL FARMERS, FOOD ARTISANS, AND RESTAURANTS.
- FOSTER TRANSPARENCY IN OUR MARKETS BY REQUIRING TRUTH IN LABELING AND BY OFFERING OPPORTUNITIES FOR SHOPPERS TO LEARN ABOUT THE FOODS SOLD AT THE MARKET.
- PROVIDE EXCEPTIONAL SERVICES AND EDUCATION PROGRAMS TO OUR MARKET PATRONS.
- INCUBATE SMALL FOOD BUSINESSES AND SUPPORT FARMERS AND FOOD ENTREPRENEURS IN MAKING THEIR OPERATIONS MORE SUSTAINABLE.
- EXPAND PUBLIC ACCESS TO FRESH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES AND TEACH SKILLS FOR GROWING AND PREPARING THEM AT HOME.
- WORK TOWARD A HEALTHY, JUST, AND SUSTAINABLE FOOD SYSTEM THROUGH EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, AND ACTION.
Discretionary Gift 2012